As a benefit, covered services include:
- Related medication
- Related medical equipment
- Related supplies defined by patients care plan
- Nursing care, including 24 hour on-call
- Home health aids to provide assistance with daily activities
- Social workers that coordinate community resources
- Chaplains to assist with spiritual needs and provide emotional support
-Volunteers such as: music, massage and pet therapy etc.
Hospice care is available to patients who meet the following criteria:
- Patient elects the hospice benefit
- Primary physician certifies eligibility
Hospice is not actually a place, but rather, a philosophy of providing compassionate care to patients and loved ones faced with terminal illness. Arcadia provides care for patients in the environment that is most comfortable for them. Whether it is in a patient's home, the home of a family member, an assisted living facility or a nursing home, Arcadia works with each patient to develop the best care plan for them in the most suitable environment. As an essential part of a patients care plan, Arcadia extends care and support to the patient's loved ones, providing spiritual and bereavement programs.